By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Use your passion for blood banking to support our life-savingmission.
Come bring your Science degree, MLT and passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full-time Technician to work in our St Louis Reference Lab.
Shift will be Monday-Friday 10:00pm-6:30am
- May perform telephone consultation including receiving and completing orders for antigen-negative products.
- Perform duties associated with receipt, coordination, shipment and transport of patient and donor blood samples. Perform duties associated with supply and reagent management to include ordering, receiving, inspection, preparation, and quality control of supplies and reagents.
- Maintain equipment, reagents and other stock to assure the quality and accuracy of laboratory test procedures.
- May perform and interpret basic donor and/or patient testing procedures, guided complex serologic problem resolution and complete required quality control, as appropriate to state and federal regulations.
- Recognize testing irregularities, identify the cause, determine the solution and resolve the problem or refers it to the appropriate level.
- Maintain, edit and review computer and manual records to assure accurate record keeping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete records.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Biological Science or Chemistry.
- Experience: 1 year of blood banking experience, preferred.
- Education: Minimum MLT (ASCP) certification. Licensure if required by state
Must be able to work independently and demonstrate independent problem-solving skills.
Good written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Basic understanding of basic computer applications including Word.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is proud to be one of the Top-Rated Workplaces: Best Non-Profits and Top-Rated Workplaces: Veterans based on rankings and reviews on Indeed.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights