Come bring your ASCP Clinical Lab Scientist (CLS) or Medical Technologist (MT) license and passion for blood banking to support the life-saving mission of the American Red Cross Blood Services. We are looking for a full time Medical Technologist to work in our reference lab performing specialized testing to serve our local hospital clients.
As a Medical Technologist at the Red Cross you will perform basic and advanced donor and patient tests, and interpret results to determine donor-recipient compatibility. Primary job responsibilities may include:
Other Medical Technologist duties may include:
* Technologist I: BS in Biological Science or Chemistry with ASCP (MT/MLS/CLS or BB) or ASCP MLT with 4 years of general lab experience.
* Technologist II/III: BS in Biological Science or Chemistry with ASCP (MT/MLS/CLS or BB) and 3-5 years blood bank experience or ASCP MLT with 5-10 years blood bank experience.
* Experience/Skills: Good written and verbal skills to communicate effectively with internal and external customers. Must be able to work on a team. Ability to use a wide variety of lab or medical equipment. Ability to use a personal computer and applicable software for sustained periods of time.
* Must be available for daytime training during first 6-9 months on the job. After training, schedule is on Second Shift Monday-Friday with moderate weekend & holiday on-call rotation.
* Physical requirements: Available to work overtime, other shifts, early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends. Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. Work under pressure and within time standards. Required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc. when there is exposure to blood and blood products and/or where work location requires.
Rotating weekend & holiday on-call rotation required.Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights