By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
Are you seeking an opportunity that makes a difference?Are you passionate about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer is "yes", then we invite you to become a Distribution Lead Technician for the American Red Cross!
Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Maintain manual and computer records associated with production or testing. Comply with safety policies and procedures in the work area and use applicable protective equipment at all times to prevent exposure to potentially infectious blood and body fluids. Comply with the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) where required.
Learn more about the lifesaving impact our employees have in their communities in this short video:
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples. Meet the quality and quantity production and distribution goals established by the department.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing department records.
- Ensure products are suitable for release for distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Perform the quarantine and disposition of unacceptable products/samples.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform customer service or inventory management as requested.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations for products/samples.
- Perform and participate in the management of complex manufacturing tasks.
- May perform supervisory functions for manufacturing processes from receipt of unprocessed blood through shipment of finished goods.
- Actively participate in problem solving and on cross-functional teams.
- May be a project lead.
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform supervisory review of manufacturing records.
- Assume operational supervisor responsibilities when designated by a supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of staff so classified.
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
- Associates degree plus two years' experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience required; or demonstrated successful performance as a Manufacturing Technician II.
- College studies or technical training in science or medical technology or the equivalent is preferred. Manufacturing technicians working in Distribution or Plasma Sample Management positions may require a valid driver's license.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights